Click below to find out how much you save when you use the library!

The Byron-Bergen Library was chartered in May 1985 to serve the communites of Byron and Bergen. Approximately 85 percent of our funding comes from the Town of Bergen while the remaining 15 percent comes from delinquent fees, Town of Byron, State and County aid and various grants and donations.

Our Mission

To inspire imagination.
To promote education.
To preserve and disperse information and to maintain a bond between the people of our communities.
(Adopted October 2008)

Our Purpose

The Library also encourages the use of its facilities for planning, educational, and enrichment activities.
The Library supports the Library Bill of Rights and the American Library Association’s Freedom to Read statement.
The Library makes every effort to assist, cooperate, and participate in community projects.

Byron-Bergen Public Library's Policy Statement

CONFIDENTALITY OF LIBRARY RECORDS

CONFIDENTALITY OF LIBRARY RECORDS

Byron-Bergen Public Library supports the confidentiality of library records. No information will be given to any person or agency at any time for any reason regarding any individual’s use of library materials. Circulation records and other records identifying the names of library users will be kept confidential. These records shall not be made available to any agency of state, federal, or local government except pursuant to such process, order, or subpoena as may be authorized under the authority of and pursuant to federal, state, or local law relating to civil, criminal, or administrative discovery procedures or legislative investigative power.

The Library will resist the issuance or enforcement of any such process, order, or subpoena until such time as a proper showing of good cause has been made in court or competent jurisdiction.

Close

Our Board of Trustees

The Library Board of Trustees meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 pm. The public is welcome to attend.

President Kelly Hallenbeck
Vice President Kristen Wilcox
Corresponding Secretary Vicky Truax
Financial Secretary Robert Gluckman
Treasurer Don Cunningham, Bergen Town Supervisor
Library Manager Nancy Bailey
Trustee Carrie Gale
Trustee Brenda Garrity